Thursday, May 31, 2012

...the last six months...

So I have decided that I'm not so great at keeping the blog updated.  Here is the recap of the last six months!

blowing out some candles
December 2011

...Mattie turned 24!...  

Here are 24 things that I love about my husband...

1.  he laughs with his heart
2.  his "Dale" humor (although it's getting better and sometimes he's as funny as he thinks he is)
3.  that he takes such great care of me just because
4.  his Asian eyes when he smiles even though he's not Asian
5.  how effortlessly he climbs
6.  how he doesn't let his heart limit him
7.  how much he loves his nieces and nephews
8.  he LOVES food even though he's a light weight
9.  how i can leave a room and the whole bag of candy is gone when i get back
10.  how strong is testimony of the gospel is
11.  how him and Leinani have become like brother and sister
12.  how he goes to visit my parents even when I'm not with him
13.  how he's an adventure junkie
14.  that he sings and doesn't even notice it
15.  his latino booty shake
16.  how obsessed he is with shoes
17.  that the "shy boy" youtube video makes him emotional
18.  that he's not afraid to be himself
19.  that he makes me laugh every day
20.  that he has come to love sushi when he used to hate it
21.  that he leaves me notes around the house just because he loves me
22.  he's a smoothie champion
23.  he is such a caring brother
24.  that he makes every situation bright

I could go on for days.  I have the BEST husband ever :)

...temple square...

Matt and I went to temple square with his family.  It was freezing and beautiful!  They had different nativities set up from various cultures that I could have looked at all day if it wasn't so frigid.  But here are some pictures from our Dale family outing :)

Dale Family December 2012 Temple Square Trip
...mom & dad's 40th anniversary...

I cannot believe it.  My parents have been married for 40 years!!  huge shout out to them for being an AMAZING example of how marriage can work if your life is centered on the gospel.  I love that they still go on dates and hold hands, tease each other, and are sad/grumpy when the other is gone.  I hope my marriage is as fulfilled and happy as theirs.  Thanks mom and papasan for being amazing parents and a genuine example of love!



...christmas 2011...

I love having family live so close but at times it can make the holidays a little bit crazy.  We had Anderson/Dale Family holiday party, mom and dad's 40th anniversary, and utah cousin christmas eve all in one night followed by Matt and Sachiyo Christmas, Dale sibling gift exchange and then off to mom and dad Takahashi's for presents and dinner.


February 2012

...cancun, mexico...

Matt and I had a chance to visit Cancun this February.  The weather was beautiful and the water was so blue I was in love.  Most of the time we slept in and hung out on the beach that was right outside the hotel and drank virgin mango tangos and pina coladas.  Yum!  We drove speed boats through the "jungle" aka a little area of trees, went snorkeling where we saw a little shark, shopping at the flea market, ate a mango on a stick, and got a couples massage.  It was nice to hangout with friends and enjoy the warm weather!

Adventure of Cancun 2012
...a mandolin and a banjo...

A day or two after Matt and I got home from Cancun I bought a mandolin and a banjo which I am teaching myself how to play.  It's a lot of fun and the strings are a lot tougher than I thought they would be.  I mostly play the mandolin currently and Matt is learning the banjo when he has time.  One day we'll be a little bluegrass playin' family.  I didn't know Matt took this picture.  Here I am very focused on tuning the mando.  My face looks mean :/  I hear my I have a mean looking face when I'm focused.  This picture proves it.  


March 2012

...25 years of life for sachiyo...

This year I turned 25!  Or as many small children like to put it, I'm a quarter of a century.  ha ha!  My birthday was so fun.  The day before my birthday at work my office was decorated and there were little notes from co-workers and employees that I had trained.  So sweet!  On my birthday Mattie made me breakfast, we were going to go skydiving but the weather did not permit, I went and studied, took two tests (it was midterms), got dressed, ate some chocolate cake from Magelby's Fresh (yum!) and went to dinner with Mattie and the cousins.  We went to Sushi House in AF.  Soooo delicious!  And to top the night off we went and saw the Hunger Games which I loved!  Thanks Mattie and Lei-nan for making my birthday so amazing.  I'm so spoiled and blessed to have so many wonderful and amazing people in my life.  I also started to make a list of 25 things to do while I'm 25.

This post is getting excessively long...I'll update April and May in a different post.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun last six months! Now we need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete